Wednesday, December 6, 2017

School Vandalism

Have you ever seen a project or poster displayed in your hall, that's been covered in graffiti?
   Last trimester, in one of my classes I was notified that an interactive poster about fears, that the class worked on, was inappropriately vandalized. Some of the vandalism was simple agreements to the expected interaction, but other parts of the vandalism included graffiti and inappropriate comments. Because the comments were so rude, I won't post a picture of the outcome.
   It sucks that people think its funny and 'cool' to destroy something that we spent days researching and making. I mean even if it's not you, you can at least tell your peers it's not funny. By the way, I'm in high school. You'd think that high schoolers would know better but apparently were not.

   If your one of those students who think it's funny to do that: Think what would it be like to walk down another school's hallway and see a poster vandalized. A poster that consists of sayings mentioning sex, drugs, and consists of satanic symbols. I know that I would immediately think, 'Well this school is trash'. I wouldn't care how nice the school looks, because if a school can't respect their peers then how would they treat another school?

   I want to leave you with this to think about. If you post, wright, or say anything THINK first.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How To Get Through School Sick

Many of us have parents who won't let you skip school when you're sick. Sometimes it's because they don't believe you, othe...